What is Geography?
Geography’ is an independent subject and learn about the physical environment, human activities and their interactive relationships. It is a vast subject that deals with the various phenomena which are happening around the world.
Fields of geography
The fields of geography are
- Human geography
- Environmental geography
- Geographical thoughts
- Social geography
- Quantitative techniques in geography
Based on a systematic approach
- Physical geography– Geomorphology, Climatology, Hydrology, Soil sciences.
- Human geography-Social/Cultural Geography, Population, and settlement, Economic and Historical geography.
- Biogeography– Ecology, Zoology, etc.
- Regional geography– Urban and Rural settlements, Regional analysis. etc.
You know that earth is a habitat of all creatures, including us. It is also the home of many other creatures, big and small, which live on the earth and sustain. The earth’s surface is not entirely uniform. It has variations in its physical features. There are various mountains, hills, valleys, plains, plateaus, oceans, lakes, deserts which make this a beautiful planet. There are variations in its social and cultural features too. There are villages, cities, roads, railways, ports, markets and many other elements.
Read more articles related to geography
- How did the theory of plate tectonics evolve over time?
- 7 Criticisms of Continental Drift Theory by Alfred Wegener
- Malthus theory of population: critical analysis & relevance
- Major Types of Clouds formation and their Characteristics
- Get Detailed Bpsc syllabus 2022-23
- Complete bpsc geography optional syllabus 2022
- Major mineral resources of India with maps
- Von thunen theory of agricultural location
- Weber’s theory of industrial location