What is Geography?
Geography’ as an independent subject and learn about the physical environment, human activities and their interactive relationships. It is a vast subject which deals with the various phenomena which are happening around the world.
Following the fields of geography
- Human geography
- Environmental geography
- Geographical thoughts
- Social geography
- Quantitative techniques in geography
Based on systematic approach
- Physical geography– Geomorphology, Climatology, Hydrology, Soil sciences.
- Human geography-Social/Cultural geography, Population and settlement, Economic and Historical geography.
- Biogeography– Ecology, Zoology, etc.
- Regional geography– Urban and Rural settlements, Regional analysis. etc.
You know that earth is a habitat of all the creatures, including us. It is also the home of many other creatures, big and small, which live on the earth and sustain. The earth’s surface is not entirely uniform. It has variations in its physical features. There are various mountains, hills, valleys, plains, plateaus, oceans, lakes, deserts which make this a beautiful planet. There are variations in its social and cultural features too. There are villages, cities, roads, railways, ports, markets and many other elements.
Read more articles related to geography
- Major mineral resources of India with maps
- Von thunen theory of agricultural location
- Weber’s theory of industrial location
- Mountain passes: Important passes in India
- Basic information about India 2020 updated
- Agriculture of Bihar: problems & solutions
- Major causes of floods in Bihar (Bpsc)
- Important climate zones in India with map
- The important agro-climatic zones in India