What is Geography?
Geography’ as an independent subject and learn about the physical environment, human activities and their interactive relationships. It is a vast subject which deals with the various phenomena which are happening around the world.
Following the fields of geography
- Human geography
- Environmental geography
- Geographical thoughts
- Social geography
- Quantitative techniques in geography
Based on systematic approach
- Physical geography– Geomorphology, Climatology, Hydrology, Soil sciences.
- Human geography-Social/Cultural geography, Population and settlement, Economic and Historical geography.
- Biogeography– Ecology, Zoology, etc.
- Regional geography– Urban and Rural settlements, Regional analysis. etc.
You know that earth is a habitat of all the creatures, including us. It is also the home of many other creatures, big and small, which live on the earth and sustain. The earth’s surface is not entirely uniform. It has variations in its physical features. There are various mountains, hills, valleys, plains, plateaus, oceans, lakes, deserts which make this a beautiful planet. There are variations in its social and cultural features too. There are villages, cities, roads, railways, ports, markets and many other elements.
Read more articles related to geography
- Forest in Bihar- Classification and locations
- Rivers of Bihar- rivers in north and south Bihar
- Geography of Bihar
- Major soil types of India- Characteristics and Classification
- Are coral reefs dying really around the world?
- Earth’s motion- Revolution and rotation of the earth
- What is longitude and latitude in map
- Mountain Himalaya-The great mountain system
- Earth’s interior- Layers of the earth